Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paris: Paul Faber Sports Centre

Dear Friends & Sportsmen,

Bonjour from Paris. Hope this email finds you well.

How is your training coming along?

If you ever get to Paris and staying at the Le Meridien, Etoile, (opposite is the Concorde Exhibition Centre), you can get to a nearby Paul Faber Sports Centre.

It's a fabulous place to training, with beautiful weather. Unfortunately, yesterday was windy and cold about 10degrees Celsius.

But my guilt of laying off too long, got me the compulsion I should skip this training opportunity.

So, I walk to the below stadium and had an hour's training, just by doing "Dynamic Training" (comprising of In-Place Dynamic Warm-Ups, Drills & Runs all at once).

I didn't dare do too much as my last training was in the Weight Room in Auckland, about a week ago. But my run training, had not taken place since my return from AMA Meet, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Thus, I am struggling to get back my fitness level.

But the secret is to be "SPECIFIC", and work on the Biomotor Abilities of the Sports/Event.

So, the following were my training workout:-

WARM UP:-
DYNAMIC In-Place Stretch:-
In-Place Calf Stretch
Jumping Jacks (Forward/Side/Diagonal)
Reverse Lunges
Half Squat Stance (60 seconds, then Up & Down 10x reps)
TRACK DRILLS:-
Skipping (High/Forward) 2x
Butt Kick 2x into a 20-30m run
A Drill 2x into a 20-30m run
High Knee 2x into 20-30m run
RUN WORKOUT:-
5x Fly Runs (because it was my first run training)
WARM DOWN:-
Half Squat Single Leg
Calf Stretch
Hamstring Stretch

After the training, I rewarded myself with a meal (Mee Pok Ta - Dried Flat Noodles with Seafood) at the nearby Chinese Vietnamese Restuarant (pictured).

Felt good after that.

Hope you will learn to be Discipline and Specific, which can be of great help to get you started.

'au revoir, salut, à la prochaine, à bientôt'
(Good-Bye)

All the best,

PAUL SU

No comments:

Post a Comment